Here are the completed images from my glass and metal shoot. You can see the huge different a little bit of post production makes. You’ll remember from my November post that I was trying to make it look like there was a light in the ceiling of the shower. You can clearly see my strategically placed flash in that post.
By making sure I shot on a tripod and by shooting an extra shot without the flash, my post production team at Retouch Labs (www.RetouchLaboratory.com) was able to easily remove my flash from that shot. You can also see that they removed the black curtain I used to manage reflections.
That’s me trying to escape from the frame as I tried to shoot the door in a partially open position. It would not stay in a semi open position and always wanted to close. I held the door open and let it go as I fired the camera from that position via remote. I have another shot with me not in the frame so my post production team simply combined the images and removed me from the mix.
This shoot was a great learning experience. I went in as prepared as possible but it still took me a while to get the shots I wanted. I am happy with the end results. The client will be using these and other images for their print and web catalogs.